Friday, December 13, 2013

Soaps

I'm excited to be starting to make my own soaps. I've been more aware of chemicals in foods and cleaners lately. Our body uses whatever we put into it or whatever it is exposed to, to function. As I've been going through and dealing with all this...hormonal related? stuff, I'm trying even harder to be even more careful with things. I try and be careful anyways avoiding certain things and ingredients and buying certain foods with certain ingredients, especially since having callen. I do have a hard time spending the extra money for the natural sprays and soaps, but will wait til I can find a good deal. I came across a site where she gives a lot of recipes for cleaners, so it inspired me. All my ingredients arrived so I mixed some together yesterday. These supplies are going to last me forever! 32 cents for a 16 oz spray bottle of safe cleaner? I can handle that:)
I'm still looking around for different recipes and supplies. But for now the blog I found she gives a great starting point that has been so helpful. You do have to spend a little bit up front to get the supplies...but you really only use a couple tablespoons per spray bottle. So once divided out, it is worth it. One bottle of kitchen all purpose spray and one bottle of bathroom all purpose spray made. More to go:) I made up a foam handsoap. Going to try a regular pump hand soap next. 

No comments: