Sunday, July 28, 2013

wednesday

The hospital offers a massage on the last morning. So the lady came by and asked if I wanted one. It was so nice! Half way through it chad comes walking in...i was thinking that Maelyn needed to eat. I asked if she had to eat, he shook his head and behind him was the hospital pediatrician, and 3 other people. I started to panic and asked if everything was ok, and what was going on. 

They explained to me that they found a heart murmur that morning and wanted to do some tests. I immediately started crying, having no clue what they meant. They had me kiss her sweet little head before they left. So there I was laying on the massage table crying! The lady doing the massage was so nice and told me story after story and assured me that in most cases it is fine and it clears on its own. 

It was actually nice me being in that room. Because as it was I had to go back to our room and waited two hours for chad and Maelyn to come back. I was so happy to see their faces when they walked in. Chad explained that she had a small hole in her heart but it should clear up on its own. We'll go back in a month to make sure. The dr said she was the third or Fourth baby that morning with the same thing, so it is commom. And in the mean time I got text after text telling me nieces and nephews and cousins who had the same thing. It just scares a new mother! 

Praying Maelyn will be a healthy girl. 


Ready to go home! 






Her first car ride was a success! Not one peep:)